Thursday, August 8, 2013

One year

I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to get this up. Just so everyone knows, my last scan was clear! Thank you Jesus. Now I will have them every 3 months instead of 2. I don't meet with my oncologist for another couple months.

The MRI tech. I had was named Dante. I've had him several times throughout this last year. When I went in the last time, he recognized me and began telling me how much of an inspiration I am to him. I just smiled and pointed up.

After my scan was complete, for some reason I started crying. I get pretty anxious every time I go in and I'm not sure if it was my nerves or what. Dante asked me what was wrong and I told him they were happy tears...happy that he was able to get the needle in my vein for the contrast with one poke, happy that the scan was only 45 minutes long, and happy to be done with the whole process. He laughed, helped me sit up and then gave me a big hug.

I don't know why those things freak me out, but they do. You'd think I'd be used to them since I've had so many.

So we're in August and that means one great thing. I'll be a year out from my last chemo treatment sometime this month. I don't remember the exact date. Thank you Jesus for bringing me through a year with clear scans and gradual healing to my body.

As far as how I feel goes, I'm afraid to say I feel very close to normal. I still feel like I have to take a nap with Jonathan in the afternoon to make it through the remainder of the day. On days I don't get the nap, I almost fall into bed at night.

Along with how I'm feeling, I'm able to do much more around the house. Laundry, dishes and taking care of Jonathan is getting slightly easier. I'm not saying I'm supermom or anything. I've tried to make a habit of making a list for what I need to do each day with errands to run, things to do around the house or places to go.

All the time, God is good! He continues to help me each moment of every day and I am so thankful for His presence.

That's all for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment