Monday, June 18, 2012

Coming Up This Week

This past week, I've not been on the computer too much because I've been fasting from FB & I know that's how most of you read this. My mom and I took a week-long break from Facebook to seek out God's will for me with the rest of my chemo treatments. I was prepared for either answer, knowing both would take a great amount of faith. We made it through the week and at the end, I asked Mom what the Holy Spirit had revealed to her. We had the same thing. What I heard from the Lord was to press on. How can He help others without my doing the rest of my treatments?

This past Sunday, after listening to a sermon from Craig Groeschel on lifechurch.tv, we all went to DC to try a museum out. Our first pick was the Native American Museum. I'm so glad we had the wheelchair. I don't think I would've been able to do all that walking. We had fun, but were pretty tired at the end of the day.

So, as far as treatment goes, I'm going in tonight to start hydration and then chemo will begin tomorrow. After this treatment, I'll have 2 left! How I react to the chemo could be different each time, so please continue to pray about that. Another very important thing to pray for is my weight. I'm still having a hard time gaining. I am now down to 95, which isn't that far from my normal. Even so, it's not a great number. I'm very frustrated because I've been eating as much as I can and I still don't see results. I'm afraid a feeding tube is coming?! It's hard to stretch your stomach and eat a normal portion after you've been eating half of that for so long. I really AM trying even though it often doesn't look like it. I've tried drinking Ensure and/or Boost plus, but they are SO sweet they give me a stomach ache on top of the nausea. One morning I got sick because I turned around to fast while I was putting dishes away. The next morning, I threw up because of the smell of eggs. So that made things even more frustrating since I had just eaten and you know how you really don't feel like eating anything after getting sick. Andrew was so good though! He usually needs a bucket right next to you for himself, but he kept his distance checking on me and poured me some ginger ale. What a great guy I have! He is a blessing for sure.

The nausea is still there almost all the time. The dr. gave me some patch that looks like a band-aid to help. I feel like it does a little bit. I still take my zofran, ativan, and composine throughout the day though.

Okay, I gave you new things to pray for, an update on last week's happenings, and now I'll probably not blog for another week since I'm going into the hospital tonight.

Thanks again for your prayers and encouragement. They help me through my "run away" moments, when I just want to be somewhere else with none of this happening.

Have a great week in the Lord!

4 comments:

  1. The most fattening thing I know of is Fettuccini Alfredo, and chocolate cake with ice cream! Praying for you, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsey, we're praying for you. We've been thinking about you a lot lately and I figured I would reach out to you and tell you how inspirational you are. You continue to keep fighting and show your love for the Lord throughout this adversity. I am proud to know you and will be praying for you this week as you enter your last couple of treatments. Please continue to stay strong. We hope to see you soon. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. <...Sorry, this is Nick Imholte and family.

    ReplyDelete