Sunday, June 24, 2012

How God Has Been Working This Past Week ...

In my last entry, I covered how Andrew, me, and my Momma were fasting from Facebook & seeking out what God wanted for my personal chemo plan - to continue or not. I felt a peace about going on. I heard the Holy Spirit tell me to press on! and to continue to allow Him to use me through my journey.

I am now 1/2 way through my chemo rounds. I have 2 left! Woo Hoo! I've been home a few days now and it still quite hasn't hit me that I'm on my break. While in the hospital, I kept dreaming about being in the apartment, at home and now that I'm at home, I keep dreaming I'm at the hospital. The devil's really been getting me here because the dreams have often been about unnecessary procedures being forced upon me. Of course, in those dreams ... Andrew and Mom are no where to be found to help me. So please pray that I have peaceful sleep while I'm at home.

So this weekend is almost over and I have labs on Tuesday. I'll be taking my book and Ipad this time. I have a feeling some transfusion, whether it be blood or platelets will be taking place. I've been very tired this weekend and I don't remember it being this exhausting last time.

Each time I got into the hospital, I try to wait and watch God point out which nurse He wants me to be an extra blessing to. During my first one, it was with a nurse named Angelique. Well, God brought her to minister to me, more than the other way around. I remember chatting with her about the frustrations I was having and being nervous about what was ahead. What she told me next has stuck with me until now. I often ask God to give me no side effects with my meds, but Angelique reminded me that those side effects let everyone know that the medicine is working for me. So I try to remind myself of that each time I feel nauseated, my mouth burns, or I'm really tired. I'll tell you about the next nurse later.

This weekend is supposed to be my nader point (when all counts are really low). It's normal for chemo patients. I'm just curious exactly how tired I'm going to feel and I'm this exhausted now. I do remember my oncologist telling me people often didn't work a job on my regimen. It'd be too much. I just feel so lazy sometimes. I'm still going on walks with Mom and Jonathan.

Good news! I had a sliver of brownie last night! I'm working on packing on the pounds ... maybe a few more pieces would help. Andrew made some the other night and I just couldn't get over how good it tasted. Oh, and for the first time since last year, I got up in the middle of the night and ate cereal. That should help me gain weight too right?

Alright, that's all I can think of right now. Here are some things to pray for in the next few days .... or until I am able to get back on here.

- Weight gain
- Nupegen shots continue to work
- Next round of chemo
- Being a witness for Jesus to my medical staff

Okay ... get on those knees! I know God hears every one! Thanks guys. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment