Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Through the Storm

We've had a lot go on to keep me from blogging lately. I know last post I talked about continuing with chemo. That's still the plan. My next round should start on the 16th.
My numbers from labs continue to do what they did last time ... so everything's normal. One of my favorite things about the week before chemo is no Nupegen shots!! That means I don't have to dread 9:00 at night. Yet, Mom has learned that poking the needle in rather than slowly pushing it in doesn't hurt. Now we know for next time.
I've had platelets at my last lab visits ... Friday, Monday, & today. I was given blood on Friday but not any other visit. There's this cream called LMX that is a numbing cream with lidocaine in it and I put that on my port site an hour before. I used it once but didn't have it on long enough, so I didn't think it worked. I tried it again and yay! i didn't feel the poke! Woo Hoo! Oh ... and I gained a lb. but can seem to get over 100. It's very frustrating!
Friday night we had a really bad storm. It looked like a hurricane outside. Andrew had me and mom in the bathroom and was trying to get a signal on his emergency radio because we had lost power. That storm put us on the news, along with millions of others who were without power. The Lord was looking out for us because we were only without power for Friday night and all day Saturday. Thank you Jesus.
Something exciting we did this past weekend is try out a church called Church of the Redeemer out. One of the women in our apartment complex told us about it. I really enjoyed his sermon on finances and his preaching style. Jonathan cried, so Andrew missed a lot of the sermon.
So I have this coming week off with Andrew and then will start chemo on the 16th. Here are things to pray for.

Weight gain - yep ... still an issue
3rd round of chemo

God is good and I'm so glad He's taking care of me. He's taking care of you too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment