Saturday, July 21, 2012

1 more to go!!

When we went to pick up Mom from the airport on I had a BIG surprise. My Daddy came back with her!! I had no idea and was in shock the whole way home. I just kept saying, "My Daddy's here!" It's been so nice to have him here.

The Lord has brought me through another round of chemo. Now I have a 20 day break before my last one and I don't go in for labs until Wednesday. I did need to have a blood transfusion right before leaving. 

One of the many blessing God gave me in the hospital was a Nurse Practioner who was available to do my IV. He uses an ultrasound machine to help him find good veins. He's one of 2 people in the whole hospital who knows how to correctly use this machine. So it was a HUGE blessing that he was there to help. Oh ... and he was moving the next day, because he's going to work on his Ph.D. Now,  I know you guys know I asked for any other names those who knew how to use the ultrasound machine. That was the first question I asked after he told me he was leaving. You'd better believe it! Anyway, Danchenko (the Nurse Practioner's name) was able to get a pretty good vein. He warned me it would take a little longer just because he wanted to be sure before he stuck me. All around this guy is just a big blessing. I'd say a miracle to have during my stay. It was nice to have my Daddy's hand to hold through the process too!

Another blessing, I hope I was, was when the doctors and nurses would come in for rounds. The last couple days they were all surprised at my numbers and how good everything looked. I just kept telling them it was because of God. I pray that every single time I say "because of God" it causes each one to question their faith and how God is working in their own life. Oh how I pray my mountain and journey, whatever God brings my way, is a light to shine His glory and nothing else.

Oh...oh I have another one! I gained a lb! Woo Hoo! The oncologist told me to eat breads and pasta to try to help. Aside from the nausea, I would've said, "No problem!" But my nausea really messes up things up with appetite.

Like last month, I made it out of the hospital by Friday evening. I was able to sleep pretty well with being back in my own bed, next to my husband, and not having to get up to use the bathroom 5 (not kidding) during the night.

So there's round 3 update for you. God did quite a bit, eh? Jesus is still my Healer and I thank him every single time I swallow any pills or simple things like that. Everyone should just take a second and either sing or look up Steve Fee's Glory to God Forever. That's my theme song this past round. I should have one for each round! Stay tuned. With chemo brain, I might forget.

I can't believe I only have one more treatment left! God has been so good to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment