Monday, December 3, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Well, we've been home for a little over a week now and it's nice to be back. We (me, Andrew & Jonathan) had a wonderful time during our visit to AZ. We stayed with Philip & Angela & Jonathan tried learning how to share toys with Parker. We need a little more practice. He wasn't very nice about it. Another exciting event while in AZ, besides Thanksgiving was how I was able to be a part of one of my previous student's baptism. In his testimony video, Aidan shared how he wanted Miss Lindsey to baptize him, but knew that it would require me to fly all the way out there and that it most likely wouldn't happen. Well, we surprised him and we had the joy together to take that next step in his walk with Jesus. I love seeing kids grow in Jesus!! We were able to visit with lots of friends that feel like family. We also were able to say goodbye this time. It's been almost a year since I up & left & was diagnosed with brain cancer. I'm so thankful that my family was able to make the trip.

The Thursday after we returned I met with my speech therapist at home. She has told me, pretty much from the beginning, how she didn't think I needed her. She thought my memory was fine. Anyway, Thursday was my last visit with her at my house. She was going to refer me to an out patient clinic to continue working, but said I didn't need it. As long as I use my strategies, such as writing things down, making lists, etc. I was able to invite my speech therapist to church. So yay God! No more speech therapy & and invite too!

The next day, Friday, I had an MRI. It was very hard for me this time. I opened my eyes for a split second and saw how enclosed I was and had a mini panic attack. I just prayed my way through it. I don't know how many times I prayed "Jesus help me." Sometimes I cried it. I knew I could get through it, because God had brought me through them before. It was just a very challenging test this time. Since I have MRI's every 2 months now, I'll have to remember to take my Ativan so I'll be calm and hopefully fall asleep. I'm not sure how long the results take. This MRI will also reveal what the bump on my head is.

This past weekend we went to Walmart (a 30 minute drive for us) and Lowe's to buy our Christmas tree. We found our favorite frozen Chinese food & birthday supplies for Jonathan's upcoming special day & finally, we found our pretty tree.

On Sunday, there was a surprise at church. The Watoto Children's Choir from Africa was there! I love watching and hearing African children praise the Lord. They have so much passion! If you get a chance, go to youtube.com & type in "Watoto Children's Choir Not Forgotten" you will be blessed for sure. I told Andrew that Heaven had to be like hearing those kids sing. It was too much fun!

Coming this week I have an appointment with my oncologist. I have no idea what this visit is for. Probably just to check in & go over the MRI results.

Ways to pray ...
- results of MRI to be clear
- my witness to Sabrina (speech therapist) & that she experienced Jesus when she was with me
- bump on my head to be nothing serious

No comments:

Post a Comment