Monday, December 24, 2012

A Lesson From Jesus & Paul

Each morning, I try to have quiet time with a devotional and prayer. This time used to be before Jonathan woke up around 8:00. Now, the new rise and shine time is 6:30. Therefore, I stay in bed until I hear him. I'm not a fan of getting up at 5:30 unless I absolutely have to. So my quiet time for devotions and Bible reading has moved to breakfast with Jonathan.

Over the last year I've been doing my quiet times by going through books that Beth Moore wrote. Each has been a 90 study on a person from the Bible. I've done Jesus and David and right now I'm on Paul. I just love how God speaks to me precisely where I'm at in life. He offers encouragement, peace, instruction, and so much more!

This morning, the passage in Acts was about when Paul was being transferred Caesarea. In other words, from one place to another. Throughout the passage, you can read how there were prayers offered up on behalf of Paul while he was traveling and to be bold in Jesus in the next place in sharing God's love with others.

We should never underestimate the effects of our prayers for others. A dear friend of mine reminded me last year that each prayer releases the power of God. You guys have seen God's power this last year, right? I certainly have! I know that God can deliver anyone from anything at any time. He doesn't need any help. Yet He invites us to be part of His great work through prayer. If we don't intercede for one another, we miss opportunities to see His deliverance and thank Him for His faithfulness. (this was all so skillfully written by Beth Moore ... definitely not me!) God is faithful!

I just had to share what God showed me this morning. It was too good to keep to myself. I pray you are able to enjoy the blessing of a growing relationship with Jesus.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas with family and friends. Have a great time celebrating the reason for the season ... Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment