Thursday, May 10, 2012

This month is packed full!

Tomorrow begins a very busy rest of the month. I'll be on my way the hospital in the morning around 4:45 and start the in processing of all the surgery stuff. Saturday, I begin my growth factor shots.(Pray for Mom, she's nervous about giving them to me.) I think I'll have those 2-3 times daily in my belly.

Monday, I have this group (sort of like a support group) called Look Good, Feel better from 10-12. Then it's off to another doctor at 2:30.

Tuesday evening sometime, I have to be admitted the the hospital to get ready start the stem cell harvest. The next day, they'll actually do the harvest.

Thursday, I'm hoping I can go to my support group. I know there will be times I miss it.

Then on the 21 or 22, we'll start chemo and then a lupron shot comes later.

See? I told you it's packed. I'm sure there will be lots of labs in between, like every 3 days. I'm not sure how long I'll be in the hospital each time after chemo. At the end, I'll include new ways to pray.

Lately ... well for just about 3 weeks, since my surgery was postponed 3 times, I've been asking God to give me the same courage He gave David, Gideon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, Daniel, Esther, Joshua & Caleb, the disciples, and even Jesus. I feel like I need that kinda courage going into this next phase and pretty much the whole time. I know those names above are probably not in the right order with the way they came up in the Bible. I know the Lord will give it to me because He has up to this point. He's my Provider of ALL things!

New ways to pray:
- Even though I'm resting in the peace of Jesus before all this happens, the human side of me creeps in sometimes and my anxiety goes up. I guess that means I'm not resting huh?
-The stem cell catheter that will be put in my neck. Lots of people tell me that there isn't much pain involved; but since I had that port put in, I don't take anyone's word. So pray that it's not too painful. Or that it's not nearly as painful as the port procedure.
- Growth Factor shots - the doctor said we need 10 million. More would be better. So prayer for 15 million! Hey God can do it!!
- Stem Cell Harvest - I've been told it's a long boring process because you just sit there and let the machine do the work. I have a great book I'm reading and I have my iphone for music.
- Dr. Davidson - surgeon that will be operating on my tomorrow. (& nurses too!)
- My weight - I keep going up a couple and then I lose it. It's pretty frustrating. Please pray that I can continue to gain more weight. I need every pound.
- my stays in the hospital will be short.

That's all I can remember now. God answers prayers!! Let's see how He answers these!! I claim Jesus is my Healer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment