Sunday, April 15, 2012

Great is Thy Faithfulness!

The past couple of days, God has revealed His power to me in some new ways! It's so exciting to see Him do things over and over and just take care of me. In the mornings, while my mom or mother-in-law keeps an eye on Jonathan, I eat my breakfast and take my pills in the office so I can have my quiet time. I'm going through a 90 days with Jesus study with Beth Moore and I'm really enjoying it.

On Wednesday morning, after I finished my reading, I started to take my pills. This time, I tried taking them whole and not cut up. I've had to take them quartered for the last at least month because of my gag reflex. At the beginning of this mountain climb, back when I had the salt tablets and all of those supplements, I could take each pill whole with no problem. This is a challenge that has developed fairly recently. So this time, I tried taking it whole and guess what?! It went down with no problem!!!! I just sat there for a minute in shock that I just swallowed a whole pill, without food to help it go down. All of the sudden, a song started going in my heart. The one that goes "God is so good .... God is so good ... God is so good, He's so good to me." Now back when I had the almost unbearable pain in my legs, I was told by someone, I can't remember who, that through my tears and crying out in pain, I sang God is so good. BUT, I do remember not being able to sing the verse of "God answers prayers." In that moment, I felt like God didn't hear a single word I had prayed in asking for some kind of relief. That is the only time in my life that I felt that God had turned His back on me. I now know different. He never left me. He probably cried along with me. I'm so glad that pain is gone and I'm no longer on the steroid that caused it.
That Wednesday, in my heart, I sang "GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS!!!!" I remember telling Andrew, can you believe God just did that?! I haven't swallowed a pill whole in a really long time! I shouldn't be surprised by His faithfulness to me, but I was.
There was a split second before taking the pill that doubt crept in and the thought of throwing the calcium & colace in the garbage crossed my mind. After all, I'd take it again at lunch time. But the Holy Spirit, almost instantly spoke to my heart and said "Why do you want to throw away an opportunity to see me work?" I'm so glad I took the pills and then sat in shock at my Jesus' faithfulness in helping me. Yay God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment