Friday, April 27, 2012

Arrest made & no surgery, yet

Great news everyone. After another attack last night, at 9:00 pm, a young man was arrested. Police are pretty sure this is the same guy from all of the other attacks. I'm not sure of further details, but this is the only one I cared about. That whoever was doing it is now in custody of the police. I have never been gripped by fear as I was last night. It's hard to explain. The devil knows that I am struggling with fear the most right now and he was hitting me with everything he could. I couldn't write about it without crying. I'm praising Jesus now and I will be praying for mine & my family's safety in a whole new way now. Thank you for praying!!

Surgery didn't happen this morning as planned. We were debating whether or not to go through with it because the long week with NIH wore me down and I caught a cold from Jonathan. I went to see my PCM (family doctor) to see what he recommended. He didn't want to tell me either way because he didn't want anything on him. He did suggest that if I was still feeling achy, sore throat, and ear tenderness/pain, to just ask to reschedule. It wasn't worth it to go under anesthesia and come out and try to fight off being sick AND heal from a surgery. So, that's what we did. We got up this morning at 3:30 to do the surgery prep wipe down, left by 4:30 for the hospital and was in the chair ready to start an IV. I told them of course that I didn't want to be stuck unless I was for sure going into surgery. Well, they had to take blood to check levels to see how sick I was. One poke. It wasn't that bad. The nurse was great. I told him, "I'm not trying to be ugly, but you've only got one try before I ask for another nurse." He laughed and understood. So I talked with the surgeon and he said we'd reschedule for the same reasons the PCM said for next Friday.

Monday, we have an appointment at 10:00 with my oncologist, Dr. Wanko and Dr. Wroblewski (the one I'm not fond of and do not trust) At that time, we should learn my chemo regimen. Dr. Fine gave us the recommended doses and all that. He never wanted me to do the plan that was presented by Dr. Wroblewski. The creator of that protocol also didn't want me to do that chemo plan at those high doses. He suggested the lower doses. Andrew's already got his fighting gear on and is ready to fire if need be. Mom has been ready since the Dr. Wroblewski appointment lol.

My week coming up isn't quite as full as last week. I'm going to try my best to rest and get to feeling lots better so I can get this surgery done and over with.

Thanks again for the prayers for everything. God answers prayers ... He's so good to me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment