Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cuteness from Andrew Hanson

I'm sure Andrew would LOVE my title to today's blog, but I have to share his comment, or my "Dory" moment rather with everyone, from last night.
I was in the shower thinking of the side effects from radiation that a surgeon had listen for me earlier that day. We had a long day (12:30-5:00) of dr. appts. The dr. office was empty and closed when I left. To say it was a long day is probably an understatement. I was having a hard time staying awake while the doctors were talking with me. I was thankful to have my sunglasses on to hide when I closed my eyes.
So anyway, I was in the shower thinking of how I felt like David before the giant of cancer. Almost immediately, God reassured me it was okay through the Casting Crowns song, The Voice of Truth. I kept thinking of the line of David shaking in his armor, wishing he had the strength to stand.
I told Andrew about this and he said really quick, "David didn't have any armor!" I told him to write Mark Hall and tell him that.
Well, I looked at the lyrics this morning and found that I was wrong. It's not David shaking in his armor, it was the sound of a thousand warriors shaking in their armor. So yay Mark Hall! You must have read the story!
So after laughing a lot, I told Andrew the rest of how I was answered from the Lord. I told Andrew, I know the end of the story! David cut Goliath's head off (envision me enthusiastically making a cutting motion like I'm telling a story to a child) and I plan on cutting the head of cancer off and waving it in the face of the devil and laughing in victory. I'm on the side of the winner! Whether it's here or in Heaven, I will have won! Ha Satan! I will walk in victory whether you like it or not!
Okay, that's all for this post. I'm going to the mall to try to get around people. Remember, the last time I did this at the Whole Foods Store I almost cried. I wanted to. I remember that. Just pray that no one asks me questions about my scars or anything else in an inconsiderate way. I can't see people staring at me because of my eyes so maybe my blurry vision is a blessing in disguise.
I'll talk with y'all later. Have a great day! God is so good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment