Sunday, January 29, 2012

Accomplishments From Today!

Hello everyone. After a very difficult night, I wanted to praise the Lord and share some accomplishments from the day today.

- I was able to sleep - I didn't think I'd ever fall asleep last night. I had some pretty crazy thoughts out of exhaustion and my Mom was so good to just sit and hold my hand until I fell asleep. I didn't want her to leave. Poor Andrew got up once when I called for him and then fell right back to sleep. He forgot I asked for help to the bathroom. He was so tired. Poor guy.

- I woke up! I was in so much pain last night with the inflammation in my legs zyflamend (dietary supplement from a health food store) that is like a preventative for inflammation. Charity, it's worth a try!

- I was able to walk and use the bathroom by myself during the evening and throughout the day. I know this sounds small, but each time I'd stand up to walk to the bathroom, I thanked God for the ability to walk and do things on my own.

- Went on a walk outside with Mom and Jonathan - it was in the 40's and I probably looked like a little old lady with my black coat and blue scarf around my head, but Jesus walked me through it. I didn't want to go because I felt super tired today. I'm so glad I did. It was nice to get some fresh air and exercise. I need to do that at least once a day.

- Tart cherry juice was found! - I have not taken a single advil pill in 7.5 hours! God has made that possible through a miracle and I've been drinking tart cherry juice. I did some research on things to help inflammation pain and that was a suggestion. I kept praying for 9:00 so Andrew could find a whole food store to purchase some for me. I think it's working. I'm also taking a bunch of different vitamins, minerals, and other health food things like cod liver oil, zyflamend and just eating differently. I've cut sugar almost completely out. That means today, I celebrated with the total of a half of a strawberry frosted donut. A quarter at a time. That's a big deal for me with this recent craving/addiction.

- Held Jonathan - I'm not allowed to pick up more than 10 lbs. so this restriction is so very hard. There have been many times I've wanted to just grab him and love on him. I know the day will come when I can do that again. Just not right now. It gives Andrew and my mom a chance to love on him a little extra.

- Shower by myself - thank the Lord for shower chairs. I don't ever feel like taking a shower by the time rolls around because it takes a while, but I'm always thankful I did. Mom usually puts lotion on for me and that's my favorite part. Like a massage.

- No more decadron - that's right! I didn't mistype. I'm no longer taking the steroid decadron. Hopefully I won't have to go back on it. Now I'm praying the side effects will cease quickly because I have almost all of them and then some.

Alrighty. That's it for today. See?! I told you God did great things!! Woo hoo!! Yay Jesus! Be sure to share a blessing with others. Oh and don't forget to share with me any ways I can pray for you. I still have that insomnia and ask the Lord who to pray for during the night.

That post wasn't too long. I'll talk atcha guys later. God is good! Thank Him for it!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your updates and how the Lord is working in your life. Pray for me to continue to fight the good fight and be a good momma to my little girls!

    Kasey Love (Pearson)

    ReplyDelete