Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Unexpected blessing. Guess I should get used to these :)

So I'm the type of person that needs to get out every day. Walking, library, the store ... something. I used to enjoy staying at home and reading, but I gotta do something.

I was craving some grapes and jello and so Andrew took me out to Walmart. It was so nice to get out with the baby and just walk around. So, we did all of our shopping and got to the checkout line. The cashier asked us if there was anything interesting in life going on for us. Andrew said, "Yeah, some pretty life-changing stuff." I told our guy that I had brain cancer and he was pretty surprised. Guess the scar on my head is starting to blend in, because he didn't notice. So he thought it was great that I was smiling even though I just found out I had cancer. I told him I had nothing to worry about since God was going to take care of it all. Then we got to talking about salvation and how good God is.

I shouldn't be surprised by these little bits of encouragement from the Lord. I've asked for them and He's faithful.

Right now, God is teaching me patience. I'm waiting to hear from the surgeon about when the next surgery will be and where we will be moving. I'm ready to start looking at where we will be settling for the next year or so.

Oh ... and here are some things Randy Youngblood sent out in a email that I thought were pretty cool. Things to praise God for from the last week.

* The procedure she apparently needs done was originated by HER doctor in Seattle.
* Lindsey and Andrew had been in the Sierra Vista hospital just before they left but the problem wasn't discovered allowing her to be at the Seattle hospital.

More blessings to come ... I'm sure of it!

3 comments:

  1. You're an encouragement Linz! I love you so much. Thank you for allowing God to use you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a childhood friend of your cousin, Amanda,and I remember you as such a cute little girl! I am so sorry that you must go through this but what an inspiration and positive spirit you are! I will always remember what a wonderful family you have!! Knowing that, I am certain that you will have strong support through this time. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Randy Youngblood's mother in law and we met last year for Randy's 50th birthday (I think). I do remember standing in their kitchen chatting with you and being delighted that TMCC was blessed with people like the two of you. You and Randy are both on a new and difficult journey, but we all know that with GOD there is strength, peace, comfort and victory. I am glad to have connection with your BLOG. Social media has been such a good tool during the last few weeks for Team Youngblood. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete