Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dr. Appts and Prayer Reminders

So I went to the doctor this morning for a follow up. When Andrew called last night, the front desk just said to show up and wait, but be prepared for a 3-6 hr wait. When Andrew told me that, I said I don't have any books ... I don't wanna go...that's ridiculous. What's the point in making an appt if you have to wait that long. I had a bad attitude.

So we got there, checked in, and didn't wait very long to see both surgeons. Pray for the Lord to bless my surgeons - Dr. Armonda and Dr. Davidson. They've been wonderful. I went in with a list of questions and things that I've been feeling. I know it sounds weird to have a list of things I've been feeling, but the short term memory loss, which is temporary (YAY!) really does make me forget just about everything.

Health Updates:
- I can blow my nose! I haven't been able to do that all week because of pressure. So I did that today!
- My incisions are healing quickly and nicely.
- My hair is growing back quickly. Mom said I had bed head from a nap today. I still like this short hair. I'm looking forward to losing it with chemo. If I have the kind that makes it all go away. We should find out what kind of chemo and radiation later this week.
- I tried my wig on today. I'll post pictures later when my skin clears a little bit. That side effect is hard to see in the mirror. I've not had acne like this before. I'm thankful for clear skin when I have it. So when you see pictures, just try to look past the ugly mess on my face. It's not pretty at all.
- Vision - my eyes are getting a little better each day. Very small improvements, but none the less, they are getting better. I can read, write and obviously blog.
- Doing more by myself - as I said on facebook earlier, I was able to take a shower with minimal help from Mom and lots from the Lord. It felt so good to do that by myself. Celebrate the small things! I was also able to get up and walk to the bathroom I think 3 times last night. It was sort of frustrating to have to go almost every 2 hours ... interrupted sleep and all, but I was able to sleep! The Lord blessed me with that!
- Exercise - Mom has been good about challenging me to do more physically each day. Plus, my friend Jennifer Smith, from another Fisher House, told me about a gym in one of the homes. I'm anxious to try an elliptical or stationary bike. I know the Bible says to be anxious for nothing, but I'm pretty sure God would be okay with me being anxious about getting into shape. :) I'm not worried, so I guess I'm not anxious. Get it right Lindsey!
- Short term memory loss - so most of you know that one of my new names is Dory, like the blue fish from Nemo. That's because I have short term memory loss right now. It's part of recovering from these surgeries and stuff. Extremely frustrating though! I really don't like it. I thought it was bad with pregnancy. Nothing like this round though! Anyway, I ask the same questions throughout the day forget what people are talking to me about and I've even forgotten who has come to see me at hospitals and stuff. It's really pathetic. I hate that I can't remember who came to see me. If I have a picture of it, then I remember. I guess pictures will become even more precious now. Lord help me!
- New side effects to have fun with - so I'm not sure which narcotic it's from, but I'm pretty sure it's from a pain med. I have been scratching at my nose and whole body all day. I've felt this way when I had lore tab or percocet with my wisdom teeth a while ago.
- Shower with no help at all! - Tonight I was able to not only shower with no help, but standing
for almost the entire time! I sat down at the end to shave my legs. I do that normally so I didn't feel bad. I want to keep progressing and moving forward and this was a big one! Yay God!
- Bible drill - this one's not health but is an accomplishment.
Until next time ... share a blessing with someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment