Wednesday, January 11, 2012

We have a destination!

Ok y'all. Sorry for such a long gap. I don't have too much, but I do have some new news. We went to a follow up appt today to remove stitches and talk about where we were going.

The stitches removal didn't hurt at all. The PA did a great job. Then he took a look at a rash I've had the past couple days. Thought it was a reaction to the steroid. (Which I'll be SO glad to be done with. It's made me eat so very much, not sleep hardly at all and hold water like I'm pregnant. So I now have a fat face again. :))

Then we talked with the surgeon scheduler and she told us that we are indeeed moving to Washington DC. Surgery, chemo, and radiation will all happen there, too. We just don't know when we'll be leaving yet. Andrew has already called his Commander and so he's starting things on the Army side, meaning reassignment.

So there it is! We'll be living in Washington DC for the next year or so. We're both pretty excited and can't wait to start our new normal.

Things to pray for:

1. Army has a program for exceptional family member situations. That this will kick in with me so Andrew can help me on the days following chemo and radiation, if/when it knocks me out.
2. Finding a house. If we need to buy or rent. We've never shopped for a house before. No money for a down payment either, but I'm sure there's help out there for that right?
3. Andrew will enjoy his job wherever and with whatever he will be doing. God has gifted Andrew in so many ways, I'd just hate to see him be put somewhere that he dreads to go every day.
4. Connection with a new church. God is going to provide this just like he did in AZ, I know it.

Okay, that's really it for now. I'll post more when I know more.

Oh, and thank you for the prayers!! I am operating on them, so don't stop! God is still working in so very much and I know He's not done.

4 comments:

  1. Brian and I lived in the DC area for several years and LOVED it!!! We would be happy to help you in any way. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, I was hoping you wouldn't mind sharing the composition of the tumor they found...if you know the names. My mom's was a combo of oligodendroglioma and astocytoma cells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The name of my tumor is pineoblastoma. It's usually found in children. Less than 1% of adults, so it's pretty rare. Bigger challenges for God to shine through!

      Right now that's all I can give you on tumor information. We're still waiting on pathology to determine chemotherapy and radiation treatments. I'm ready to see what my new normal will be like.

      Delete
  3. Lindsey you are in my constant prayers I was wondering the same about the tumor my mom had an atypical meningioma brain tumor not sure if you know this but the brain tumor society offers all sorts of support and financial assistance especially since you have to move love you girl God bless you and your family <3

    ReplyDelete